Islamic culture has the following features:
1. God-centered, or theocentric, upholding strict Tawhid (monotheism). We believe in divine guidance that came to us through God’s many prophets and messengers and finally through the Last Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon them all. We believe in life after death and the Day of Judgment. We emphasize worship and devotion: prayers, fasting, Zakat and Hajj. We also uphold that Allah has allowed us certain things and has forbidden us certain things. We emphasize the Halal and avoid theHaram.
2. Egalitarian, tolerant and fraternal: Secondly our Islamic culture emphasizes that all people are equal. We do not accept any color bias or racialism. We believe in the worth and value of all human beings and all creation of God. We believe that all Muslims are brothers and sisters. The sense of brotherhood in faith must be very strong among Muslims, regardless of the geographic boundaries or changing political or economic conditions. We also must keep good relations with all human beings, especially our neighbors.
3. Dignifying and moralistic: Our culture places great emphasis on the dignity of human beings and their morality. We emphasize truthfulness, honesty, modesty (Haya’), and cleanliness or Taharah.
We are against extravagance, show off, or extremism. Our Islamic culture teaches self-confidence and self-reliance. It emphasizes charity and generosity. Our culture is family-oriented with great emphasis on good spousal relations, good care of children, extended families, love and respect for the elders. We abhor adultery, fornication, homosexuality, gambling, or use of intoxicants.
4. Dynamic, progressive, world affirming and not world-denying or ascetic: Our culture emphasizes struggle (yup jihad) , change, social justice, removal of oppression and evil (by actions, speech, and at least by the heart).
Our culture encourages learning, education, seeking of knowledge. Our Islamic culture makes no separation between the religious and secular education. We believe that all knowledge is important. We must emphasize open mindedness and willingness to accept the wisdom from any source. Islamic culture promotes good art, architecture, aesthetics, health, healthy environment and clean entertainment.
5. Non-exclusivist but Da`wah-oriented and optimistic: Finally our Islamic culture emphasizes promoting good things with wisdom and patience. Ours is not a dominating or colonizing culture, but it is also not an exclusivist and isolationist culture.
We believe in inviting all people to Islam without coercion. Our culture teaches to listen and dialogue with others. We believe that human nature is good and if people are given chance to know and learn Islam as it is, they will find it fulfilling. We strongly believe that the truth will prevail and falsehood will vanish.
Taken (with minor modifications) from :